Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Thrifty Day

Well today was a good day. Mcgyver and I drove our new Ford Focus to town, getting 35 miles per gallon, and only burnt a teaspoon of gas it seemed. We drove to Goodwill and dropped off a few tshirts, and then we went to Staples, and took advantage of some rebate savings. We got a pop up tape dispenser, and a pack of mechanical pencils free after rebate. Then we went to the mall, and got his ring fixed because somehow he managed to smash it at work one night. That was free also. Then we drove to Gary's Superfoods and that's where I got the most of my savings. I picked up 4 tony's pizzas, 4 2 liters of pepsi products and 1 can of redi wihp for 8.48 cents total! I had a cupon for 1 dollar off 2 pizzas and 50 cents off 2 pizzas. 35 cents off a can of redi whip and a 1 dollar off 4 sodas. Combined savings of 6.66! Yes, I know freaky right? Well here's a pic of my bounty!
See I've discovered the trick to getting things relatively cheaply. The trick is, buy only sale items and only the items you have cupons for. I've been managing to get bags of rolls for less than half off what they originally cost, bags of frozen veggies for pennies, and while I cannot extreme cupon, due to the fact that my stores do not double, and put HUGE restrictions on cupons and items, I am still managing to save a bit of money, and stock my fridge. I pour over the circulars every wednesday, viewing them online and whenever Mcgyver brings them home for me. Then I look at what cupons I have, and I go! I wasn't able to do this before. We had next to ZERO money to do any extra shopping with, so now that I can do a little bit, I'm having a field day! I love being able to run to the store every couple days and snatch up a deal. Also, I must say that after we did that amazing shopping , I went to subway where it was a dollar off my favorite sub, so I managed to pick up a footlong sub for 4 dollars, not 5. Aweesommmeee. Top that with the fact that Mcgyver sold his motorcycle for 5k, so that's 5k we can put towards our car, dropping the total down to just 9k left owed! Woop!
Anyway, I just wanted to tap out a quick one to brag about my savings. More to come I'm sure. Now if the weather would cooperate, I can start planting and then save even more! Hopefully it'll happen soon. Until next time lovelies.



No comments:

Post a Comment