Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gardening season is almost here!!!

It's getting closer! I can feel it. The weather is losing it's bitterness, and turning wet and warm, and the smell of the air is crisp. Walking into stores, you find all sorts of bbq and gardening things. I'm getting more and more excited. I LOVE SPRING! Ok, *sips coffee* I'm better now. But for reals... we bought a peach tree the other day with intentions on planting it once the wind decides to stop blowing so hard. I'm very excited and so are the kids. Macgyver informed me that he will be excited once he can grab a peach off the tree and eat it. Well at least he's happy? We also purchased 30 strawberry plants. Last year we were too late and could not find ANY. This year though, we hopped on it ahead of time and grabbed them soon as we found em. Macgyver is currently looking at tillers, and wants a rear tine sooooooooooo badly. Unfortunately for him, they're about 800 bucks, so he's going to have to just borrow one for now. The neighbors have one just sitting out in the elements, and he's been eyeing that one too. Payday he plans on going over and asking them about it. Hopefully he can get it cheap and there's nothing wrong with it. Realistically it's probably just a pile of crap. Oh well. Saturday we're planning on having a family day. The plan is to drive to Kearny about an hour and a half away and surprise the boy with a meal at Red Lobster. Then going to K-Mart and shop around since we don't have one here. I'm expecting to pick up quite a bit of thier spring wardrobe there. K-Mart is usually good for that. I wish we had a Ross, but there's not one nearby. It sucks though and I'm NOT going to TJ Max. That place sucks.  I'm working on furnishing the last two bedrooms we have. One I want to be my office, so that I can FINALLY free up the dining room table of my mess and we can stop eating in front of the tv, and the other to be a guest bedroom with a queen sized bed, incase any family wishes to visit. *hint hint* or friends too I guess but mainly family. I'm actually becoming quite content living out here. Maybe it's the horsepoop that's gone to my head, but it's nice. I mean, quiet, and spacious and yet, have a concentrated mass of decent people right around me. I know half of them and the other half know OF me. Everytime I go into the school, people smile at me and ask me how I'm doing and some even ask me if I work there. It's kinda funny but I love being that involved. I'm becoming quite content with a lot of things actually. My weight being one of them which is really ironic since it's been the biggest thing that's tortured me for years. But I've decided to just let it go, and just take care of myself the best I can. If I never get skinny again, so be it. I can be fat, and happy. Long as I'm healthy, which I am. Just no idea why I can't drop it, or keep gaining. I guess I could get it checked out, but I'm kinda tired of doctors at the moment and I don't trust them anyway. Well enough about that....
I think Macgyver is finally starting to get on board with my crazy chicken idea. I told him yesterday that with all the grasshoppers we tend to get, we'd never have to buy food and the chickens would be very happy. Also fresh eggs! I'm trying to cook breakfast more and more, like actual hot food with meat and eggs. It's expensive though but better to eat a big meal at the start of the day than at the end. We also might get some goats too. I guess we're turning into quite the little farm out here, and that's ok. Because we really should get back to our roots. It was simpler that way. Maybe more work but you felt good at the end of the day. Americans are missing that. Everything is just too easy for us, and we're growing girth wise because of it. Before you had to harvest your own food, grind the grain into flour, make the bread, now we can just walk into the store and get it. We had to hunt our own food, kill it, clean it, cook it. Now you  just drive to a window and order it. That's not a very good long term plan if you ask me. Anyway, I'm off. It's gonna be a beautiful day and I'M GOING TO ENJOY IT! Much love.

1 comment:

  1. I want goats and chickens....:( I wonder if I can convince William once we get out for good lol

    ReplyDelete