Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Funday! ( well, not quite )

Hey everybody! Well it's Sunday and you know what that means right? Yes, house cleaning day. Fun fun! Though you know, I really can't complain much after the results. The princess is young enough to still want to help out all the time, and I can usually get rid of my messy boy to his friend's house if need be. There's nothing like picking up a pair of boots and rocks falling out onto your floor by the ton. I don't even know how they walk in shoes like that! I know as a kid, I hated it when my socks even bunched up. ( still do! ) I did notice that since I started a regular Sunday cleaning regiment, my allergies aren't so bad, and that's a good thing since I live on a dirt road in the country and have two dogs and a cat to mess me up. It's just staying on top of dusting that's a pain in the you know what. Oh well we'll manage.
It was my neice's birthday yesterday and so I called her up ( in the middle of her party ) and sang her happy birthday. My sister told me she looked confused, but that doesn't surprise me if you knew my sister. She's a bit confused herself but I love her. I really wish I could see them more, but you know distance prohibits that. I would be able to get around the distance if not for my own activities and family here on the homestead. It's getting into planting season, and family vacation season, and swimming season, so I'm finding it hard to get away. Not that I really want to anyway, I mean I love her to death but I'm actually enjoying Nebraska right now, and there's TONS to do. I do hope to make it out in September when she has baby noodles, but I think that's a pipe dream. September, the kids will have just started school, and Macgyver won't have any vacation time saved up. I think I've already exausted my inlaws too as they were here taking care of my brood a few years ago for almost 3 weeks when I went to New York and Virginia, and they came again when I got sick and was in the hospital. It might work out though so keeping optimistic.
I wish I could visit my other sister too , but she had to go way the hell out to Germany. :P If I even brought the subject up to Macgyver he'd have my hide. We just can't afford the plane ticket these days. Well I have three years, maybe sometime in the near future? We'll see though. It just makes me sad because I have a niece I haven't even met yet, and a nephew I haven't seen since he was 6 months old. I don't want them to not know who I am. Plus a brother in law I've never met either. One day though.
I can hear the heathens stirring in thier rooms. Good thing mom has a " no getting out of your rooms til 8 on a weekend " rule in our house. So I can squeeze at least 20 more minutes of me time in before they demand my attention. I'm thinkin' pancakes and sausage today for a good hearty breakfast. Gonna need it to get this day going. The princess has a soccer match today and while she's really good at it, and she likes to play, she's been complaining about the shin pads. Leave it to my kid to be picky about things. Oh well
Macgyver has been on the hunt for a rear tine tiller, ever since he got sticker shocked at the store and realized just how much a new one would cost. The neighbors have one just sitting in thier front yard in the elements, and he has been eyeing that, but I'm afraid it might be a lost cause. As far as I'm concerned, anything that looks like junk, has got to be junk and thus not worth the effort, still when Macgyver gets his mind set on something, it's hard to convince him otherwise. Speaking of, hes' been talking lately about wanting to go back into debt for a electric car, or to convert one of our beaters into a propane but I'm really not wanting to do that. I know sooner or later I'm going to have to crush his dreams because we REALLY can't afford it right now. Besides, I think it's a dumb idea anyway. He's chalk full of them usually but now I can't afford to let him chase them because they take money away from our family. He gets mad, but oh well. Can you tell I have a little resentment for him and his money spending ways? Well that's another issue entirely and I will not get into it here.
Yesterday we had a nice family day. It was a warm 81 degrees and so we had a picknick at the park. It was lovely! Got to watch the kids play and chow down on some good food. Food always taste better when you eat it outside in my opinon anyway.
Well I must flee for now, the brood is starting to demand some breakfast and I suppose I should feed them before they turn to cannibalism. Until next time my lovelies.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could come visit too! I know for sure Katie and Greg won't make it out here at any point. Maybe we can work something out to where we go in on half a ticket at some point during the deployment or something? I would love the company, and so would the kids. You would LOVE it out here!

    And I agree, food taste better outside. I can't wait til it gets warmer during the days so the kids and I can eat lunch on the playground or in our backyard. It will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete