Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a dreary day

It's so gray out there. All the colors mesh together and all I see are gray and bright green. Bad weather is looming and we even have a severe winter watch on our hands. All this and in the last few days, we've had nothing but beautiful weather. Weather nice enough that I could open the windows and allow the breezes to blow through my house. But right now, not so much. The heat is on and I'm back to doning sweat pants, socks and sweatshirts. Oh well. It'll pass hopefully and nothing but beautiful planting weather will ensue. I'm kinda glad we didn't plant our strawberries the other day like I was really pressing Macgyver to do. I'm just kinda worried about our little peach tree. I hope it can survive.
Soccer practice has been called off today and reschedule for 30 minutes before the game on Sunday. HOPEFULLY the weather isn't miserable like it was last Sunday. It was just horrible. Still the princess managed to score two goals and come away with a big grin on her face, not to mention a slight limp. Sports are rough on kids, but she's managing.
I have some chocolate chips in my freezer just begging to be made into something. Cookies are overdone, I want to do something awesome with them. Any ideas?
Anywho, I'm all sorts of scattered today so will continue some other time when I'm not. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. melt the chips with some peanuts in a double broiler and spoon them onto parchment paper and let them rest a while. You can have homemade peanut candy! or melt them, add some peanut butter and make some homemade reeses candy?

    the weather has turned back to cold out here too. :( We were having so much fun being outside!

    ReplyDelete