Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sick kiddos and Carnival time!

Hey guys, well I know it's been a few days, but bare with me. Been a lot going on.
I have a sick kid, and anybody with kids know it's never fun when they're sick. Running a fever, puking, whining. UGH. I know it's going around but it feels like sickness goes around A LOT these days. I mean A LOT. Is this the new form of biochemical war fare? I do have to wonder at times.
Other than that, I've been really busy trying to plan the menu for the school's carnival and get local places to donate food items. So far so good. I've managed to secure 16 pizzas, a case of chicken fingers, condiments, hamburger buns, orange drink, cups, potatoe chips, and lots and lots of desserts. So far I'm doing much better than the person who did it last year as so far, everything has been donated. PLUS we have a little over 100 bucks donated as well for things we need that we can't get donated. *happy dance* It's been stressful but all in all, a good experience. I've also been dealing with trying to get my Destination Imagination kids ready for competition on the 26th of this month. It's been a trip thats' for sure. I don't know what bug crawled up thier butts but it feels like I can't even controll them much these days. Oh well, it'll be over soon. *sigh*
The weather is turning a bit nicer here. We're not waking up to sub zero temps so that's always a good thing. I'm very eager to get in the garden and start plowing. I have friends who are already buying seed and tilling and I'm jealous. I want to do that! I would love to open my windows and air out my house. It's all stale and wintery here. Blahh
Soccer for the girl starts soon after the carnival. So April and May will be full of that. Then June we're taking a family vacation up to Colorado to go gold mining. Would be nice if we could find some. As it stands we're still hard pressed for money just like everybody else. I'm wondering how much more America will stand for all of this greed. Seems like the government keeps pushing us, and pushing us, and foriegn policy keeps pushing us.. I mean, it's only a matter of time before we snap right? I know personally, I'm getting really tired of paying the politicians pay checks when I can't even afford half the things I NEED for my own household. Gas for my car has gotten outrageous. I put 16 dollars in and only moved it a little bit. This isn't good for someone who lives in the country and needs to drive everywhere. I feel like America's fate is just teetering. I guess we'll see if it gets turned around or not. I sure hope so. Don't want to have to revert back to pioneer days when you had to stake your claim and protect it. Anywhoozles, that's about it for me. I need to go wake a kid up and get him on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment