Friday, March 4, 2011

For someone

I feel like a ghost in this world, without you by my side to make my reality real. Each of my senses a dulled version of what could be if only. The minutes tick by mockingly, and each one like a sledgehammer to my skull. All of this is madness, and I'm driven to the brink. I can see you there, with your arms out, waiting for me to fall into them, but I never take the plunge. Your mouth forms the words, but your voice is a hollow wind that brings naught a sound to these deaf ears. My eyes do not see, cept in your direction, where the aura shines brightly. I am blinded, so I stumble, deaf, and dumb. In no particular direction, but knowing for sure I am lost. I will never find my way, the beacon has turned away and shines in another direction. I feel cold without the sun upon my face, kissing my eyelids, making them flutter with warmth. My body a shell that echos with despair. Each bone aches and vibrates with sadness for the one I long for. My muse has left, and only cobwebs hang where the sun once shone. Only darkness. Only cold. Only the ticking of that blasted clock. I pray the next reality is not so cruel. I pray one day to feel the beating of your heart next to my cool cheek. I pray all these things, but this life, I am to live without.. alive, but not really living.

1 comment: