Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pretty pictures and life in general

What can I say? Life ain't half bad at the moment. Things are picking up and it seems like I can never sit still, and the kids are happy and generally healthy and Macgyver and I are as well. Soon enough we will be able to break ground and start our garden. There's nothing like the smell of fresh earth in your hands and watching your plants grow and flourish. Some people are impatient when they put plants in the ground, but not me. Everyday it's a new discovery. Which seeds grow the fastest, watching the soil turn from brown to green to jungle like. Walking in between the rows and plucking the delicious fruit you've waited so long for. Taking that fist bite of a home grown tomatoe. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Our garden is going to be MUCH bigger this year too. Trying lots of new veggies in hopes that they actually grow and we can cut down our grocery bill. I might have to get back into canning too, but that will be an experience.
It's eerie out. A sort of eerie fog has fallen on my piece of land and draped everything in a wet mist. I like it though. Makes you feel safe, and secure. Like a hug from the clouds. These are the days I like to go walking..when the fog hides you from the world. Course logically it's probably pretty dangerous but poetically it's romantic. I love the way the mist clings to my skin too, making me feel like I'm part of the fog. But anyways, I digress.
Been really really super duper busy lately which is good because then the depressive thoughts do not enter my head as often. Why depressed? I dunno, I guess I've always been. It's not one thing in particular and it's not crippling, just a sort of sadness I feel from time to time where I just want to be alone and sulk. I usually get over it pretty quick though and I do tend to look at the brighter sides of life. I mean I have so many things to be happy about, so I just focus on those. Still, the dark clouds are always in the forecast. It's cool though, I've delt with them for 30 years, I can deal with them for 60 more. ( give or take a few ) Anywho, I don't really have much on my  mind other than all the crap I have to get done in the next few weeks, and I've already told yall about that, so I will now awe your senses with a few pictures I snapped this morning of the fog. Enjoy!!!
Everything's blue!

A taterman in the fog.

1 comment: