Sunday, February 27, 2011

Virgin Post

Well at the prodding of my sister, I decided to give this blogging thing a shot. A little bit about me, I am married almost 12 years now and have two kids. I live in Nebraska, and am trying to carve out a life for myself and my family. I am 29 years old, but very much an old soul, and I love finding ways to save a few bucks. I have family all over the place, including Germany and I know I don't see them nearly as much as I like. I have a foul mouth and an even worse attitude, but I love beautiful things and so pictures of various subject matters will find thier way on this blog no doubt. All I can say is hold onto your hats because I tend to ramble in my posts, and sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to them other than that's how I felt at the time. Enjoy or don't, I can't force you to do anything. But I do hope you enjoy as I am really excited to start sharing tips and tricks I've learned over the years on raising kids, saving money, cleaning houses, gardening and various other things. Now that the intro is out of the way....

Today was a relatively busy day. I've kept myself busy tidying around the house more than usual. I can feel spring on it's way and it's making me giddy. A few weeks ago we actually had 60 degree weather! And then it got cold again. Oh well, mother nature is a tricky old bag. I managed to get a lot of cleaning done and so now I can go to bed at night knowing my house is in a relatively organized state. Until the heathens wake that is. MacGyver ( who is my nick name for my mr ) spent the majority of the day in the garage trying to get my beat up old clunker of a truck fixed. Apparently I did not have any back breaks, which would have been nice to know yesterday when I was carting myself and my children all around god's creation. Good thing for front wheel drive eh?? It's fixed now, and another 40 dollars down the drain on parts, but the good news is, we did not have to spend 100's of dollars to pay some mechanic to doodle around under the hood. I don't trust them afterall. It was bad enough I had to spend 1900 bucks a few months ago to get my transmission rebuilt, don't even GET ME STARTED on that mess. It's really hard for me to spend money now a days. Specially with gas prices up to 3.59 a gallon. Unfortunately until we discover a way to convert our cars to something less wallet draining, we're stuck paying for the gas because we live in the country and have to drive to get anywhere. Just sucks is all. Tomorrow I will be spending a good part of my day at the school, eating lunch with the princess ( my daughter ) and dealing with  my son's afterschool club. I also have some running around in town to do, and not looking forward to that. I wanted to get to the rec center at some point to swim but looks like that's a no go, at least for tomorrow. *sigh* Anywhoozles, something I was thinking about today while I was doing laundry, if you must use dryer sheets, cut them in half! You will get twice the sheets, and they work just the same as a whole sheet. Of course in the warmer months I line dry but in the winter, can't exactly do that or Macgyver will be wearing iced over coveralls to work. Might be kinda funny to see, though I wouldn't be able to avoid the bitchin' that would ensue. Oh well.
My birthday is in a few days. I'm turning 30, and lots of people keep telling me that 30 is where your life begins. Eh, we'll see. I am not very optimistic about new beginnings. I'm quite content where I am.
I thought briefly about chickens today. yes chickens. We have them here in the country. They're birds, and they might be a bit tricky for me to deal with ( what with my bird phobia and all ) but the eggs they'd give us would be worth it in my opinion. We'll see. Also want to get my garden planned out. Going to be MUCH bigger this year than last. Might have to learn to can too. Oh well, my to do list keeps getting longer and my tolerance shorter.
On a more serious note, I've been dealing with a few health issues lately that have slowed me down quite a bit, and made me think a little more about my own mortality. Life is short, no matter how long you life, it's still a drop in the bucket compared to oh, say.. a dinosaur's life span? or a sea turtle? anyway, look at that, almost time for bed. Monday's on it's way.. hold on tight!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read what else you have to write about! I need to get started on the garden planning as well. I'm so excited. And that's a great tip about the dryer sheets! We've discovered that a few years ago and it took FOREVER for us to finish the bulk size box of dryer sheets we got from Sams Club. Love you!

    ReplyDelete